Homemade vanilla extract is tastier and less expensive than many commercial brands, and it makes a great gift!
You Will Need
* 6 vanilla beans
* A paring knife
* 2 c. vodka
* A glass jar with a lid
Use a paring knife to split each vanilla bean lengthwise. Start about an inch from one end, leaving that end intact.
Use high-quality vanilla beans. Grade B beans are considered ''extract'' grade and provide the most flavor by weight.
Put the beans in the jar, pour the vodka over the beans, and shake vigorously.
Store in a cool, dark place. Shake the jar every week. Let it age for at least four weeks. The longer it ages, the stronger it will be.
Fact: Vanilla beans are seed pods from vanilla orchids.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades