Chiffonade (pronounced chef-fon-nahd), a culinary term for finely slicing leafy herbs or vegetables, is easy to master and makes a simple garnish of basil look even more elegant. Here's how to do it: Stack clean, de-stemmed leaves of basil (or any other leafy green) in piles of three to six leaves and tightly roll them lengthwise into a cigar-like shape. Use a sharp knife to make thin slices across the rolled leaves. Shake the slices gently to unfurl the whisper-thin tendrils and then use as your recipe directs.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades